Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Day 2 - Breakfast, anyone?

6:00 AM came early on Wednesday. I was exhausted. But I had to get up early. Starbucks was calling. It's a shame that Starbucks is sort of out of the way of breakfast and of the Willow Campus. Not that it would stop me. It just means that everybody else has to get up earlier.


Then there's Apple Villa. This has got to be my favorite breakfast place in the world. Other people may think me strange for that kind of statement, but I am in love with this place. I've always loved breakfast anyway, and I rarely eat breakfast when I'm home. But when I go out to breakfast I like to go to a little mom-and-pop diner with a lot of atmosphere and plenty of selection. And this place has got it all. Great service. Great selection. Great food. I could eat there everyday. And during the few days a year that I am in South Barrington, you bet I do. Apologies to my staff, who think my excitement for this place to be a bit overboard. I went there every day last year, and I will do the same next year. Still haven't gotten there early enough to try the 20-minute pancakes, though.


No comments: