Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Comcast, Fox, and an unexpected loss



My wife and most of my friends have lived on the edge of their seats for the last couple of weeks. Will Comcast cancel Fox? Or, more to the point, will Comcast cancel American Idol?

I for one do not care. I'm a Netflix guy and I watch shows a few seasons after the fact. That way I never have to watch commercials and I only get the good stuff.

So I honestly don't care much about Idol. I thought it was smooth sailing.

Lately I've found that I get much more entertainment from Country Music videos. Whether you like the music or not, the Country Music guys do a great job of writing songs about life. And I have become quite a fan of GAC over the last few weeks. Perhaps the best part is that videos are 4-5 minutes long, and whenever you feel like you've had enough you're done. You turn off the tube and go to bed. There's no "I have to find out what happens to Buffy" when you really didn't like Buffy anyway.

And then it happened. Two nights ago I have 20 or so minutes to unwind at the end of my day. I turn on the TV, and .... No GAC. Just a blue screen on channel 70.

My first thought was - "Oh No! Jim! You pulled the wrong plug!"

But surely it was just something about that channel. It would be back the next night.

But it wasn't. Same story last night. 20 minutes. Surf-surf-surf. No GAC. Very sad.

I called Jim this morning. He was not available for comment.

So for now I have no GAC. IT's very sad. No "Studpid Boy" (what a great guitar solo!), no"Before He Cheats", and my personal fave - "Watching You" by Rodney Atkins.

No comments: